TRANGO TOWER CLIMB (6286M)
7-11. Trek to the Base Camp.
12-31. At the Base Camp.
32-37. Trek and drive back to Skardu.
COST & CONDITION SHEET 2003
Following is our quote for the above mentioned tour in US$
15 & Above Pax + 1 FOC :$ Half Twin. Per Person
08 - 14 Pax :$ Half Twin. Per Person
06 - 07 Pax :$ Half Twin. Per Person
04 - 05 Pax :$ Half Twin. Per Person
02 - 03 Pax :$ Half Twin. Per Person
Single room/tent Supplement: $ Per Single.
DETAILS OF SERVICES:
1. Accommodation: In good standard hotels on full board/half twin basis in cities. During camping in international quality dome tents on twin sharing basis, with full board services.
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
1. Royalty of the mountain & climbers insurance.
The Government of Pakistan has revised the royalty rates for the Peaks of various heights, which are given below. The mountaineering parties seeking permission for climbing summits for next year may be asked to deposit royalty accordingly. The rates will be effective in the year 2017.
Procedure for Applying Permission:
1.A foreign mountaineering expedition desirous of climbing of peak in Pakistan shall apply on the application form (Annexure-A) with one extra copy in the nearest Embassy/Consulate of Pakistan. A copy with a photo copy of royalty receipt should be sent directly to the Tourism Division, 10th Floor, Green Trust Tower Blue Area, and Islamabad, Pakistan.
2. Application forms for allotment of peaks should accepted by a Pakistani Embassy/Consulate during the period of 1st January to 31st December of a year preceding the year in which an expedition is planned.
3. Such application would then be sent by the said Embassy/.Consulate immediately to the Tourism Division where they would be processed on "First-come First served basis".
4. Incomplete application forms or such forms as are received either before or after the stipulated dates may not be entertained.
5. If a party is note sure of the composition of the team, it shall apply stating the fact and without attaching particulars of members with the application form. In such cases peaks will be provisionally booked. A formal permission letter shall issue only after particulars at Annexure-B are received in Tourism Division at least three months in advance of arrival of the part in Pakistan.
If particulars of the new members are not received within stipulated period and party arrives in Pakistan, it may delay their departure to the mountains till the clearance of new members is obtained in about a week. Under this procedure a party shall not leave Pakistan unless it is in receipt of the formal permission letter. No mountaineer would be a member if more than one expedition during a session.
6. A part shall indicate in order of performance, at least 3-4 peaks so that available peaks could be allotted. A part shall be given permission for more than 8000 meter peaks with the special permission by the Secretary, Ministry of Culture Sports and Tourism.
7. Tourism Division shall endeavor to send the mountaineering permit to a party within 60 days of receipt application from in Tourism Division. Depending on the availability of the peak for the choice period. Tourism Division will send provisionally booking of the peak upon receipt of the completed application.
8. Government reserves the right to allot a particular peak through any route to more than one party in the same session.
9. Government has the right to cancel the allotment of a peak at any time without assigning any reason. Amount of royalty deposited shall be refused in such cases.
10. In case, however, a party postpones/cancels its mountaineering plan for its own reasons, it shall so inform the Tourism Division by quickest possible means. In such case royalty deposited shall neither be refused nor it could be carried forward for future mountaineering season is possible subject to availability of the peaks/route for the revised date.
11. The expedition upon arrival in Rawalpindi/Islamabad should see the officer concerned in Tourism Division for arranging meeting with the Liaison Officer and assistance on matters like insurance, purchase of rations and allied matters. After completing these formalities leader of the expedition shall ask for a date of formal briefing. For this purpose he shall give a minimum notice of 24 hours excluding Friday and Holidays. The preparatory work would entail a stay of four-five days in Islamabad/Rawalpindi.
12. On return from the mountains the leader of party shall inform the concerned officer in the Tourism Division and obtain a date for debriefing by giving him a minimum notice of 24 hours excluding Friday and holidays.
Note: No party will leave for the mountains without formal briefing or leave the country without formal de-briefing.
13. A party shall include in the expedition as its member at least one L.O to be detailed by the Government of Pakistan.
14. A part shall pay for his food, accommodation and transport for mountains and back from the reporting date of the expedition in Islamabad till the date the party is de-briefed.
15. During the stay of a party at Rawalpindi/Islamabad the L.O will be given daily allowances at the rate of USD 30/- per day. The L.O in a city of Northern Areas (such as Skardu, Gilgit etc) is to be paid USD 15/- per day and accommodation.
16. A L.O shall carry his personal equipment like any other member of the party.
17. A L.O shall be consulted on routes and local customs and if desired on matters such as transport, accommodation and rations. If however, a leader disagrees with L.O he shall give him in writing the reasons for such disagreement.
Wages of Porters and Transport Hire Charges:
Royalty Mountain Fees
Height of Peaks
Reduced Fee for 2005 (USD)
Full Team of 7 Members
These rates are subject to periodic revision) Additional fee will be charged if the number of party is for more than one peak the additional number is to pay for the other peak also.
Expeditions are required to deposit full amount of royalty with the nearest Embassy/Consulate/Tourism Division Government of Pakistan at the time of making an application for booking of a peak. The head of account for depositing the royalty is:-
"1391-Fees, Fines and Forfeitures" for accounting of the receipt relating to royalty/trekking fee realized from Mountaineering and Trekking.
49. An Embassy/Consulate shall forward to the Tourism Division a copy of the royalty receipt issued to the Expedition, amount of royalty, number and receipt issued may clearly be mentioned on the covering letter.
50. A party shall indicate in its application from its order of preference for attempting the peak. In case the preference of a party is for the allotment of lower peak and the party is allotted a higher peak out of its preference it shall deposit the balance of the royalty within two weeks of receipt of communication from Tourism Division. In case the balance amount is not deposited within the stipulated period the allotment shall automatically stand cancelled. The amount of royalty collection shall not be refunded to the party whose allotment has been cancelled.
51. In case the first preference of a part is for the allotment of a higher peak but it is allotted a lower peak out of its preference the balance of the royalty shall be refunded to it by the concerned Embassy/Consulate of Pakistan on receipt of a letter of authorization from the Tourism Division.
52. It shall be binding on a party to accept the allotment of a peak if it is one of those mentioned by it in its application form. In case of refusal to accept the allotment, the amount of royalty stand forfeited.
53. If a party indicates its order of preference within a list of peaks submitted by it and all those peaks have already been allotted to other parties. It shall be asked to identify more peaks. In case of its inability to do so the whole of its royalty shall be refused to it.
54. A foreign-cum-Pakistani party and a Pakistani-cum foreign party shall deposit the full amount of royalty the balance of the amount shall be refunded to it accordingly.
A foreign expedition party shall be allowed to get Pakistani member only from Pakistani Mountaineering club registered with Tourism Division. Similarly such a Pakistani club shall be allowed to organize a Pakistani-cum-Foreign expedition if it is registered with the Tourism Division.
Joint Expeditions Parties:
Observance Of Security And Conditions:
For The Publication Of Material
84. A party shall confine its activities to its objectives as declared in the application form.
85. A party shall not indulge in any activity that might offend the religious sentiments and social or moral usages and customs of the local people.
86. A party shall not at any stage operate in more than one area and scale more than one peak.
87. Also a party shall not scale a peak by a route which goes through another peak.
88. A party shall not split into small groups while in the mountains. In case of emergency a L.O has the authority to allow splitting of a party.
89. A party shall not deviate from the specified route expected in an emergency and with the permission of a L.O.
90. Maps etc if applied for and issued to a party shall be returned to the Government of Pakistan through L.O before an expedition's departure from Pakistan. A nominal amount of non-refundable money may also need to be deposited with the Government for use of these maps.
91. Duplicate copies of photographical data collected during mountain climbing etc. shall be handed over to L.O.
92. Should a party be of mountaineering-cum-scientific or exclusively scientific nature, the leader shall submit to the Pakistan authorities concerned for inspection of all the data/specimens/collections etc.
93. Export of all such collection without the prior permission of the Government of Pakistan is prohibited.
94. A leader shall provide a set of all such specimens to the Government of Pakistan.
95. Copies of research papers/documents prepared shall also be supplied, in duplicate, to the Government of Pakistan.
Environmental Care Code:
Expeditions Visiting Pakistan
A. LIAISON OFFICER:
The Terms and Conditions for Liaison officer would remain the same as provided under item IV above except the following:-
KIT & EQUIPMENT: The kit and equipment would be of such a make and quality which can withstand the extreme temperature of –35 C to –40 C.
The Terms and Conditions for porters (both high and low altitude) would remain the same as provided under item VII above except the following:-
The scale of rations would be the same for both low & high altitude porters as indicated in Annexure-H of the mountaineering rules and regulations.
ii. Kit & Equipment:-
The items of kit and equipment would be the same for both low and high altitude porters as are mentioned in Annexure - E. The equipment shall be of the quality that is tested against a temperature of – 35 C to – 40 C.
a. Low altitude porters – doubt the normal summer wages + Rs. 50/- per day in lieu of rations.
b. High altitude porter – double the normal summer wages +Rs. 50/- per day in lieu of rations.
A Low altitude porter shall carry a maximum weight of 20 kgs up to base camp. A high altitude porter shall carry a maximum weight of 12 kg.
Village Shimshal Hunza Gilgit Baltistan, Pakistan
Office E-158-C Street # 11، Rifle Range Rd, New Iqbal Park، Lahore, Punjab 54750
3 BOUNDARY HOUSE TURNER ROAD
EDGWARE MIDDLESEX United Kingdom.
Rock Valley Tours Pvt. Ltd locally based company with an expert team is passionate and extremely knowledgeable about the region having lived or travelled widely there. The Management team of Rock Valley tours is highly professional and works very hard to earn all important reputation and recognition.
Born in the Karakorum Mountainous regions of Pakistan, our team members have spent their childhoods traversing the endless trails of these parts of the country. They have all trained and been certified to ensure that your experience is unparalleled and that safety remains paramount. Our guides have respect for the natural environment in which they work and live and they have intimate knowledge of the terrain, the people and the cultures that you will encounter on your trek. With these years of experience and knowledge, it is our goal to provide a memorable experience to you.